Fundamentals of Construction Estimating 3rd edition presents estimating procedures in a clear and precise manner explaining all the procedures of estimating the cost of construction work such as quantity takeoff, pricing of the contractor’s work, pricing sub-trade work, pricing site overhead and compiling bid documents.
This book offers readers thorough instruction on the principles of construction estimating and the skills to become a professional estimator by using drawings for two complete projects – one residential and one commercial, thereby leading the reader through the complete estimating process which can be used in various trades on many different types of construction projects.
2. The Estimating Process and Preliminary Procedures.
3. Measuring Quantities Generally.
4. Measuring Sitework, Excavation and Piling.
5. Measuring Concrete Work.
6. Measuring Masonry Work.
7. Measuring Carpentry and Miscellaneous Items.
8. Pricing Generally.
9. Pricing Construction Equipment.
10. Pricing Excavation and Backfill.
11. Pricing Concrete Work.
12. Pricing Masonry, Carpentry and Finishes Work.
13. Pricing Subcontractors’ Work.
14. Pricing General Expenses.
15. Closing the Bid.
16. Budget Estimating.
17. Elemental Estimating.
18. Value Analysis.
19. Life-Cycle Costing.
Appendix A: Extract From a Typical Soils Report.
Appendix B: List of Items and CSI-Based Codes.
Appendix C: Glossary.
Appendix D: The Metric System and Conversions.