Focusing exclusively on residential work, ESTIMATING FOR RESIDENTIAL CONSTRUCTION, 2E provides a very visual, reader-friendly introduction to processes as it details the steps involved in accurately preparing a cost estimate. Packed with examples, the book clearly explains how to price excavation and site work, concrete, carpentry, masonry, plumbing, heating, and electrical work, as well as the general expenses and sub-trade work. It also covers the impact of green building practices and effective estimating “shortcuts”.
- Introduction. Building Estimates. Estimates in the Residential Construction Industry.
- Arithmetic and Principles of Measurement.
- Measuring Excavation and Sitework.
- Measuring Concrete Work. Concrete Work Generally.
- Measuring Carpentry Work.
- Measuring Masonry and Finishes.
- Estimating Plumbing, HVAC and Electrical.
- Pricing General Expenses.
- Pricing the Work.
- Pricing Contractor-Owned Equipment.
- Subcontracting Work.
- Estimate Summaries and Bids.
- Estimates for Remodeling Work.
- Computer Estimate.