Quantity Surveyor’s Pocket Book is fully updated in line with NRM1, NRM2 and JCT, and remains a must-have guide for students and qualified practitioners. Its focussed coverage of the data, techniques, and skills essential to the quantity surveying role make it an invaluable companion for everything from initial cost advice to the final account stage.
Key features include:
- the structure of the construction industry
- cost forecasting and feasibility studies
- measurement and quantification, with NRM2 and SMM7 examples
- estimating and bidding
- whole life costs
- contract selection
- final account procedure.
- This text includes recommended formats for cost plans, developer’s budgets, financial reports, financial statements and final accounts. This is the ideal concise reference for quantity surveyors, project and commercial managers, and students of any of the above.
- The quantity surveyor and the construction industry
- Forecasting costs and value
- Measurement and quantification
- Pricing and tendering
- Contract procedure, administration and organisation
- Final accoun